Personal Info file for John T. McCranie
- Graduate Studies, San Francisco State University
(Computer Science & Linguistics), 1994-1996
- B.S. Computer Science, University of Alaska, Fairbanks, 1991
A detailed résumé.
I work on AMAZON.COM, and play
around on CEANTAR.ORG and
Areas of Interest
- Applications of Artificial Intelligence to Computer Aided Language Learning
- Specifically, the development of a model of the language learner
usable by a
package to provide a consistently challenging and
interesting learning experience.
- Computational Morphology
- An ongoing project is the development of a description of the
morphology of Irish usable by a computer to produce the
language. Info about
- Celtic Linguistics
- I've been learning Irish for a while, and
am currently studying
Old Irish (not to mention
I'm slowly being
drawn into the whole Proto-Indo-European mess....
- I co-chaired
the March 1995 conference of the North American Association for Celtic
and will also be co-chairing the 1996
I organized a Teanga agus Teicneolaíocht
(Language and Technology)
information booth for the 4th annual SF Celtic Music and Arts Festival,
also last March. More
When not in class, roaming around the computer labs, or in front
of a computer terminal, I'm often:
- At the SF Aikido Center
(1755 Laguna), earning miles in the
"Aikido Frequent Flyer Club." Some info about the Japanese martial
art of aikido.
- In the kitchen, trying to develop the perfect cinnamon, oatmeal,
peanut butter & walnut chocolate chip cookie recipe. Or something
- Rambling amongst the area's used bookstores.
When I get a little money, I buy books; And, if any is left,
I buy food and clothes. -Erasmus
Caraimse fos (ferr cach clu)
oc mu lebran, leir ingnu;
ni foirmtech frimm Pangur Bán:
caraid cesin a maccdán.
Address: John T. McCranie
1516 2nd Ave.
Seattle, WA 98101
John T. McCranie firstname.lastname@example.org